Sunday 4 November 2012

Another Patton Lesson

This is on a tune called Tom Rushen Blues. On RagtimeDorianHenry's post of the original recording, Tom Rushing's great-grandson actually talks-story about Patton and his ancestor in a posted comment...

"This song is about my great grandfather - Tom Rushing. He was deputy sheriff in Merigold, MS. He arrested Charley Patton, and apparently was one of the few cops in the Delta at the time who wasn't horribly racist. He died when I was young, but I grew up with him. He was a good man."

- jellyjellybobelly

Reall cool stuff...anyways, here's the lesson. If any of you often find it challenging to learn some of these old blues tunes, then I'd recommend working this one out. I can see it being a good stepping-stone to other tunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment